Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
Try this fresh Vegan Shepherd’s Pie! It tastes very similar to other recipes of shepherd’s pie. Don’t miss out on this delicious recipe, make sure you print and share!
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 package Vegetarian ground beef substitute
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Soy Cheese
- 5 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Vegan Cream Cheese Substitute
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vegtable Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot and let boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender.
- Stir the Vegan mayonnaise, soy milk, olive oil, vegan cream cheese, and salt in to the potatoes and mash until fluffy.
- Preheat the Oven to 400 Degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet and caramelize the onion, carrots, celery, frozen peas, and tomato all until softened.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, garlic, and pepper.
- Crumble the vegetarian ground beef substitute into the skillet with the vegetables and cook until the mixture is hot.
- Spread the vegetarian meat mixture into the bottom of the baking dish then layer your mash potatoes on top. Sprinkle the shredded soy cheese on top of your potato layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until hot and slightly browned.
- Eat and Enjoy!