Try our amazing Vegan Cheesecake recipe from one of our viewers. This cheesecake is to die for! Get ready to taste a soft cheesecake that is dairy-free and will make your stomach happy! You won’t miss your dairy products in this cheesecake. A vegan lifestyle/ diet can reduce your risk of:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Some cancers including prostate and colon cancer
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp miller’s bran (not cereal)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 packages silken extra-firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp agar agar flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, bran, cocoa and cinnamon until combined. Mix in vegan butter or oil and agave or maple syrup until fully combined.
- Firmly press into a 7-inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and beginning to crack on top.
- In a medium saucepan, bring apple juice, sugar and agar agar to a boil, reduce to medium and cook, stirring a few times, for 5 minutes, or until agar agar flakes are completely dissolved.
- Keep warm.
- In a food processor, purée tofu until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add apple juice mixture, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Purée until fully combined and pour into prepared crust. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, until set.
- Eat, Share & Enjoy