Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
The veggie burger seems to be a under appreciated burger. Most things that are good for you don’t always look appealing however. This sweet potato black bean burger will leave you wanted more. The sweet potato and black bean burgers are pretty simple to make and I think you’ll love them. I fried each side of the burger in a little bit of oil for a crispy outside and served with salsa. You can dress your burgers however you see fit but guacamole always tastes great! The veggie burger, by name, may have been created in London in 1982 by Gregory Sams, who called it the ‘VegeBurger’.
All of our recipes are printable so please print away. Also make sure to share our post with friends on social networks!
Below the recipe are a few ingredients you can buy directly through our site off of amazon. We may receive a commission if purchased.
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal+3 tablespoons water (or 1 egg)
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mix together your flaxseed meal and water and set aside until it gels.
- Put all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Use a potato masher to mash most of the beans.
- Heat a thin layer of oil on your skillet. Form your mixture into patties.
- Cook until a crispy outside is formed. Cooked for about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with your toppings.
- Eat, Share, & Enjoy!