Hot Paneer Sandesh Pudding
What is Paneer?
Paneer is a fresh cheese commonly found in South Asia, such as India. Paneer is an unaged, acid-set, curd cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice, vinegar, or any other food acids. This cheese is the most common used in Indian Cuisine. Paneer is similar to cottage cheese.
Today I’m going to show you a recipe for hot paneer pudding. Our pudding is made with organic fruits instead of sugar and will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the sugar. We hope you’ll love this recipe since it’s a little out of our normal for recipes! Make sure to share with friends!
- 250 gm home-made paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 Tbsp full fat cream
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 green apple-thinly sliced & seeds removed
- 8-10 strawberries, chopped
- Juice of one orange or about 1 cup
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 whole black pepper
- 1/4 Tbsp butter
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the orange juice to it.
- Add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper. (they have to be fished out later) Once the juice is hot, add the apple slices. Let it stew covered for about 5-7minutes.
- Uncover it after a while and let it simmer till half of the orange juice evaporates. Once done, turn off the heat and remove all the whole spices from the liquid.
- Now add 3/4 of the strawberries. Reserving some for garnishing. This is the fruit stew. Mash the paneer well with a fork and add whipped cream to it. Blend in the stevia. Mix well.
- Flatten out this mix on a plastic sheet or foil paper according to the size of the baking dish you are going to use. Preferable you should use a 15 cm square baking dish.
- Pour in the stewed fruits in the baking dish. Flip the paneer layer over to fit on top of the stewed fruit in the baking dish.
- Place it in a hot oven preheated at 220 degrees C and bake for about 15-20 minutes, till the paneer's edges look a bit brown.