Organic DIY Dog Treats
We have two pups in our household, maybe I shouldn’t say pups since one is ancient. We have a beautiful 13 year old AustralianShepherd named Coco. We also have a little 5 month old Boston Terror, I mean Terrier named Bailey. Coco is very old at this point and can’t eat treats, but the treats we do have in the house Bailey eats up right away. Today I’m going to show you how to make Organic DIY Dog Treats that will have your pups as happy as mine. This recipe is perfect if you are trying to stay away from harsh chemicals often found in dog treats.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Add old fashioned oats slowly and 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the mixture is dough like
- Add carrot, zucchini and spinach, beating just until mixed well.
- Knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.