How I Made $1,515.85 Blogging in 3 Months
I absolutely love blogging! If you asked me if I ever thought I’d make over $1,000 from a BLOG I thought you were crazy. It took me the first two months to really get into the swing of things. I started Penny Problem Solved to share ideas on ways to make money and save money with some things thrown in between. Then, after six months of blogging and building content and traffic, I decided I to look into affiliate marketing. Today I’m going to show you how to make money blogging and How I made $1,515.85 blogging in 3 months.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is when you promote a company’s product or service through tracked promotion links. There are companies out there that will do all of the negotiation for you on the price you’ll be paid and they work for you. Once you join a affiliate marketing company, you will be given creative html code for banners and images and special links. These links have a tracked code, when a reader clicks on the code it places a cookie into their browser. Any purchases under your code will result in a commission or some form of compensation.
Recently we wrote an article on How to Use Affiliate Marketing to Monetize Your Blog. This article can help you find companies to join and what to do to promote products.
Here is how we used affiliate marketing to bring in the big bucks!
After reading a few income reports and signing up under another Blogger that also saw success. I reached an amazing goal of $825! Awin partners with trusted companies like Etsy, Etsy Studio, and my personal favorite Fiverr !
Awin will ask that you pay $5 to sign up, You’ll get that $5 back immediately after signing up! Don’t worry, you’re not losing your $5 forever!
I absolutely love bluehost for my hosting site and will ALWAYS recommend them. They are one of the top hosting services out there, and they have an amazing affiliate program that gives you $65 for every sign up! It’s crazy to think that they’d give you that much. This seems to be a large chunk of my monthly income. Click here to sign up with them!
I posted my consulting bundle and shared it at a discounted rate that will be offered until the end of July. After posting my Consulting service, I instantly started receiving orders! I’m super excited for what this could potentially bring me in the future! You can check out my services here.
Shareaholic – $0.33
I absolutely love this program! I get paid every time one of my readers sees an add in the related content or the ad from sharing my content. This helpful plugin not only helps me increase traffic by providing nice share buttons and sharing my content, but it gives me money in the process.
Google Adsense : $22.06
Sponsored Campaigns: $150
Amazon Affiliate : $15.14
Media.net – $0.20 I just joined them 2 days before the end of the month.
Total for three months : $1,515.85
What Can you do to Make Money on your Blog?
I’ve searched and searched through article of other successful bloggers to find the best ways to make money so I can continue to grow and expand.
Here are a few tips I recommend:
- Sign up for Awin – I’ve made most of my money from them and I can’t wait to continue growing my bank!
- Work on Social Media – Grow your reach, 88% of my affiliate marketing income was from social media referrals.
- Join Fiverr and make money doing stuff you already know how to do like graphics, videos, consulting or more. You can sign up through this link.
- Start joining Facebook groups and learn what your reader is looking for. For example, I joined a bath bomb group and when they are looking for new molds, I shoot them a affiliate link for amazon. It’s that easy!
- Work on monetized posts. Write specifically to pursue a reader to go to content, but only write about something you really love! I love essential oils, and I wrote a post on a essential oil guide, BUT I added my two favorite companies in it. Now I’m also an affiliate with those companies, so if a reader buys an essential oil, I get a chunk as well.
- Write income reports and set goals. The main reason I started to write my income reports, weren’t for my readers. I write income reports to set goals and see where I need to improve and if I let myself slack off for the month.
My Income Reports: