Lemon Blueberry Bread
Prepare for the softest bread you’ll ever try! This lemon blueberry bread is a little different then most breads you’ll have. What makes it different then other breads? It’s made with greek yogurt! I was a little put off personally because I’m not a big fan of greek yogurt, but I had to try this bread for myself.
The bread is the most moist bread I’ve ever had. You could even make this recipe into muffins if put in the right tin! I couldn’t keep the kids off of this breakfast treat. All of our recipes are printable so make sure to print it out and also share with your friends on Facebook and other social networks!
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T lemon juice
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 & ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 T lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the Greek yogurt, stirring gently.
- Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
- Pour into a well greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Bake at 375 F for 20 mins. At the 20 minute mark, turn the oven down to 350 F. Bake for and additional 30 to 40 mins.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.