Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
Cauliflower has a great flavor when it’s covered in buffalo sauce. This buffalo cauliflower sandwich will have your mouth watering! I found this recipe somewhere on Facebook and couldn’t help but try it for myself. I was very excited to have a sandwich that was made from veggie that I loved! The kids even ate this amazing sandwich.
So this is a must try, so put it on your list! Try this recipe with ranch for a even better taste! All of our recipes are printable so make sure you print it our and press share with your friends on Facebook or other social media!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 C non-dairy milk
- 1/2 C water
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour (can sub gluten free rice flour)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 C frank's red hot sauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Cut your head of cauliflower in half and then cut 2 x 1/2 inch steaks from each of the sides. Trim off an green leaves at the base, but leave most of the stem in tact.
- Mix the flour, non-dairy milk, water, spices, and seasoning into a bowl with a whisk until well combined. Transfer this mixture to a wide shallow baking dish that will fit your cauliflower steaks. Dredge the steaks through the batter and use your hands to coat them quite well getting in all the crevices.
- Place the battered cauliflower steaks onto the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 mins.Just before the cauliflower is finished baking, melt the vegan butter and whisk it into the hot sauce in a shallow dish you can dredge the cauliflower steaks in once again.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. You may want to let them cool so you can handle them.
- Dredge the cauliflower steaks through the buffalo sauce making sure to coat them evenly. Bake again on a parchment lined baking sheet for 25 mins at 450F.
- Assemble your sandwich using ranch and other toppings.
- Eat, Share & Enjoy!