Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse
Create the perfect treat for yourself or your love on Valentine’s day with this Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse recipe. This smooth, fluffy, treat will make his mouth water and leave you wanting to make it every weekend. With a total prep time of 15 minutes this is the easiest treat!
“Mousse” is the French word for “foam”, while “Chocolat” is of course French for “chocolate”. Consequently, “Mousse au chocolat” translates as “foamy chocolate”, and is one of a number of “foamy” desserts. Adding Bailey’s to this foamy treat just makes the expierance all that more tasty! All recipes on Penny Problem Solved are printable so be sure to print this delicious recipe and put it in your recipe book for later!
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- ¼ c. boiling water
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (for a more intense chocolate flavor, add 1 additional Tbsp.)
- 1½ c. heavy cream, very cold
- ½ c. Baileys Irish Cream, very cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Before beginning, prep bowl and beaters by placing in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add heavy cream.
- Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; gradually pour in Baileys, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating continuously at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Chill for One Hour before serving!
- Eat, Share, & Enjoy!