Tofu Scramble Burrito
Below is a easy recipe for a Tofu Scramble Burrito, they are completely vegan friendly and tasty! First appearing in the early 1900s, right around the time of the Mexican Revolution, this quick, easy food item quickly became popular. Burritos have now become popular in several breakfast foods across the country. Our Tofu Scramble burrito gives a spin on the egg burrito and gives you a chance to eat a breakfast burrito without the eggs. All of our recipes are print friendly. Print them out and make sure to share them on your favorite social network. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your food!
- 1 block of firm tofu
- Olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 2/3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- A good shake of paprika
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2/3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Tortilla wraps
- Remove Tofu from packet and plate on a clean tea towel on a plate.
- Fold the tea towel around the tofu and place another plate on top and place a weight on top. This will remove the water from the tofu before cooking. If you skip this step your tofu will taste funky or have a watery taste.
- Chop one onion and garlic. Saute in a frying pan, cook for a bit then add half a teaspoon of thyme, paprika, and about 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.Add a tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Add any veggies as desired.
- Take your weight off and the the tea towel a squeeze on your tofu. Crumble the tofu into your frying pan. Mix the tofu using your spoon and break into smaller pieces. Mix in 2/3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- Cook for another 20 minutes then add to your tortilla wraps. Add toppings as desired.
- Print, Eat & Share!