Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
How can you deny creamy garlic butter! Now imagine shrimp in that creamy garlic butter. Yeah, sounds amazing right? Well here is a creamy garlic butter tuscan shrimp recipe that you’ll love. My boyfriend loves shrimp and this recipe is now at the top of his list! Don’t forget to share with friends, don’t let them miss out on this creamy tuscan shrimp.
All of our recipes are printable so make sure to print this recipe and put it aside for your to do list. You don’t want to miss out on this rich tasting recipe!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter*
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 pound (500 g) shrimp (or prawns) -- tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 oz (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained
- 1¾ cups half and half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅔ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant. Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine, and allow to reduce slightly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the half and half and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.