Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread
I absolutely love breads for breakfast. Especially when they are sweet breads, and I’m not the only one. The kids love to wake up and run into the kitchen for something sweet for breakfast. You’re going to love our apple cinnamon oatmeal bread! I’ve always loved to go to Bob Evan’s just for their cinnamon bread. So when I saw this recipe I had to try it out! This is like Bob Evan’s cinnamon bread with a twist. Make sure you keep this bread covered after baking to keep the moisture and soft texture. The glaze will add a moisture to the bread as well as it fills the cracks.
Make sure to share our recipe and our post with friends!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease loaf pan. I used a 9.25 by 5.25 by 2.75 inch metal nonstick loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix by hand flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients by hand until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and whisk together the powdered sugar and applesauce for the glaze. When the bread has cooled for just a bit, pour the glaze over the top. It will settle into the cracks and keep the bread moist.